• Today's opening times: 09:30 - 17:00
  • Sign In

If you are struggling to budget whilst at University you are not alone. Come along and talk to the Advice Centre located opposite the library and they will be more than happy to talk things through with you.

You can email advice@lincolnsu.com or call 01522 837000

The University's Student Funding team may be able to offer you advice and guidance around these matters. If you are suffering with finincial hardship, they may also be able to assist via the Finance Assistance Fund. Forms can be collected from the Student Support Centre.


The Advice Service can help you deal with your existing debts. It may be possible to negotiate lower or suspended payments on debts you have whilst you are experiencing financial hardship. Perhaps you cannot afford your payments, or you are just struggling until the next payment of your grant or loan. Either way, your creditors will often understand this and be willing to accept what you can afford to pay, especially if you want to reduce your payments for a short period of time.


If you do have a problem, don’t panic or borrow more money to solve your problem; it will just get you into more debt. If you are having a problem or anticipate one in the future then come and see the Advice Service for help.


As a student you can apply for help with the following healthcare costs:

• NHS prescriptions

• NHS dental treatment

• sight tests, glasses and contact lenses

• travel to receive NHS treatment if you are referred by a doctor or dentist

• NHS wigs and fabric supports


You can claim at any time. You do not have to wait until you need treatment.

If you wish to apply for help with any of the above costs you will need to complete an HC1 Form. You will also be asked to supply information about your income and expenditure. HC1 forms can be obtained from the Advice Centre, doctors surgeries, local benefits offices and dentists or by calling the Health Costs helpline on 0845 610 1112.

Once you have submitted your HC1 form an assessment will be carried out and if you are eligible for a full exemption you will be sent an HC2 certificate. If you are eligible for a partial exemption you will be sent and HC3 certificate which will outline what you will be expected to pay towards your health care costs.


University of Lincoln Student Funding Team

The Student Funding team is here to provide students with a friendly and reliable service, enabling access to possible funding solutions for financial problems they may be experiencing.

They can also provide advice and information with regards to all aspects of student funding.


The team holds Drop-in Sessions Monday–Friday between 12–2pm


There are many forms of Student Funding available when attending University.

Undergraduate Student Funding can take the form of Student Finance, Bursaries & Scholarships, Student funding themselves, Sponsor’s and Student Bank Accounts.

Postgraduate Student Funding can take the form of Student Finance, Scholarships, the Student funding themselves, Sponsor’s, Professional & Career Development Loans and Research Councils.


Student Support

Website:  adviceservice.lincoln.ac.uk

Twitter:  @UniLincSupport

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UoLAdviceGuidanceFunding.  


Other Useful Contacts

Student Loans Company, a UK public sector organisation established to provide financial services, in terms of loans and grants for students. Click here to visit their website. www.slc.co.uk


Student Finance England

Student Award Agency Scotland

Student Finance Northern Ireland

Student Finance Wales

Student Finance EU


Queries about Student finance and also the deadlines for applications for new and returning students. Click here to visit their website www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance or call 0300 100 06 07.

National Union of Students (NUS) – www.nus.org.uk

Educational Grants Advisory Service (ERGAS)

Independent advice agency Family Action, for people who want to get funding for further or higher education. It is mainly concerned with helping students who are not eligible for funding from the government. Click here to visit their website www.family-action.org.uk or call 0207 254 6251






Opening Hours

    Monday: 09:30 - 17:00
    Tuesday: 09:30 - 17:00
    Wednesday: 09:30 - 17:00
    Thursday: 09:30 - 17:00
    Friday: 09:30 - 17:00

Pinned Articles

Important Updates

1st November 2017
  More News