We will help fund you to go to an external conference
Always wanted to present your work at a Conference? We can help you!
We can provide some financial support for undergraduate and postgraduate students who can apply for funding to attend external conferences within the UK as presenters. The grant can be used to cover the costs of the conference registration, standard class travel and accommodation. Applications can be submitted via the online application form and feedback will be given from our exclusive panel of experts.
Did you know that your participation hours can be logged as volunteer hours and contribute towards The Lincoln Award? . Find out more about The Lincoln Award.
Benefits to you
- Professional development - you are taken seriously in this important task creating your own material, demonstrating key communication and presentation skills.
- Real-world experience – encouragement to take charge of your own personal and professional development outside of the University.
- Confidence in presenting – feel proud in showcasing your innovative work far and wide; being a real advocate for the University.
- External networking – have the chance to meet national researchers to share your ideas with.
- Progression routes onto further Academic Opportunities – promote yourself to potential employers which can result in further career development.
- Promotion to potential employers – you will have the chance to shout about your work and research, speak to national networks and develop vitality employability skills.
What support is available?
As well as financial support we are encouraging students to take ownership of their own personal and professional development. We are able to supply feedback from our panel in regards to your application regardless of the outcome and assist with booking relevant logistics to get you to your conference should your application by successful.
Why not also check out the The Undergraduate Research Opportunities Scheme (UROS)?
Download Guidance & Criteria
Conference Funding Application Form
Sign-in to complete the form