Become an SU Activator!
Our SU Activators support the Students' Union with the biggest events, campaigns and fayres of the year! They are the volunteers who have the most fun and get involved in a diverse range of activities and events.
What does an Activator do?
SU Activators volunteer to help at our busy events, campaigns and fayres.
What Activators get up to during Freshers week:
- Help students unload their car and move into their accommodation
- Give guidance to new students, help them locate key services around the campus, and be a point of contact for queries
- Encourage students to participate in a variety of social activities that suit them
- Help with the SU Freshers Fayres
What they get up to after Freshers week:
- Support events throughout the year such as:
- Housing Fayre
- Give it a Go sessions
- And campaigns like:
- Know Your Rights
- LGBT+ Rainbow Run
You'll also have the opportunity to progress and become an 'Activator Leader', leading on the events above.
What skills / qualities will I need?
- Must be a student during 2018/2019
- Team Player
- Knowledge of the Students' Union
- Communication skills
- Leadership and Management
When do I need to be available?
You must be available during Welcome Weekend (15 and 16 September) and Freshers Week (17 to 23 September) where you will be given rota'd shifts.
You will also need to be available for mandatory training on: Thursday 13 September, 2pm - 4:30pm.
This volunteer opportunity is perfect for anyone looking to boost their employability skills and develop their communication and leadership skills. What's more, the hours you accrue as an SU Activator can be recorded on your Work Ready profile and will count towards the Lincoln Award.
Do you want to work in a role where you meet amazing people, help and encourage other students and have the opportunity to progress to a managerial position? Then what are you waiting for?