We take complaints seriously.

If you have an issue relating to feedback, timetabling, deadlines, resources, space, or more, your first port of call is to speak to either your Advice Centre, or your Course Rep*.

If you're thinking of leaving your course, leaving University, or starting a new course (here or elsewhere), you can contact the Advice Centre about the potential implications of this, and what this means for you in regards to funding, council tax and accommodation.

If you have an individual issue with your department, course, staff, faculty or another student, you may want to look in to making a Formal Complaint.

*Click HERE to find out who your Course Rep is.


How do I make a formal complaint?

Your first step is to come and chat to an Advisor in your SU Advice Centre. They can explain the complaints procedure in full and support you in collating the correct evidence and information. Alternatively, you can contact a 'Students' Complaint Officer' directly to request a 'SCP1' complaint form.


What are the outcomes?

Pending an investigation, you will be given a report of all findings detailing whether the complaint is upheld, and what the proposed solution may be. It's rare that a complaint isn't resolved from the initial investigation, but the Advice Centre can help you take the complaint further if you'd like to.


Useful contacts

SU Advice Centre

[email protected]

01522 837000


Student Complaints Officers


Lisa Baker

[email protected]

01522 88 6665

Marina Fox

[email protected]

01522 88 6690

Jocelyn Acquaye

[email protected]

01522 88 6374