The LGBT+ Campaigns group represents all genders and sexualities across the University, connecting the LGBT+ community of students in Lincoln.
There are a range of campaigns and events held by the group, including speeches from students, lecturers and organisations on a wide range of LGBT+ issues.
Previous campaigns and events include Humans of LGBT+, the Rainbow Run, which was held as part of LGBT+ History Month and taking part in Lincoln Pride.
Your elected 2018/19 LGBT+ Students’ Officer
2018/19 LGBT+ Committee
- Secretary – Matthew Clark
- Campaigns Lead – Vacant
- Publicity Lead – Abigail Chumley
- Women's Rep – Vacant
- BAME Rep – Vacant
- Gender Rep – Riley Wade
The LGBT+ Campaigns group is currently seeking committee members! If you are interested in getting involved, please get in touch. This is really important in order to ensure that students are being represented well within the Students’ Union and relevant campaigns and events can be held. The positions currently available are:
- Campaigns Lead - If you are interested in running awareness campaigns, this role is for you! The Campaigns Lead works closely with the VP Welfare and Community to deliver campus wide campaigns.
- Women's Rep - The Women’s Rep raises issues affecting self-defining female members of the LGBT+ Campaigns Group, working closely with the Women’s Campaign Group to proactively address any issues raised.
- BAME Rep - The BAME Rep raises issues and campaigning ideas affecting BAME students within the LGBT+ Campaigns Group, also working closely with BAME Students Campaign Group.
Previous events and campaigns
as well as: Lincoln Pride, Transgender Day of Remembrance, Pub Golf Social, Raising awareness and money for National AIDs Day.
For any general Campaigns Network enquiries, please contact [email protected]