Mature students are classed as anyone over the age of 21 when they start their studies.
The Mature Students’ Campaign Group gives mature students a voice within the student community, giving them the opportunity to get to know other mature students and become active within the University community.
Previous events and campaigns have focused on activities such as coffee mornings for mature students to feel more comfortable on campus and this year there is a new Carers’ Rep to focus on issues faced by students who are also carers.
Nominations for your 2018/19 Mature Students’ Officer will open on 17th September 2018 and close on 28th September 2018 and the election will take place on the 1st October to 5th October 2018.
If you are interested in running for Mature Students’ Officer, please visit
The Mature Students Campaigns group is currently seeking committee members! If you are interested in getting involved, please get in touch. This is really important in order to ensure that students are being represented well within the Students’ Union and relevant campaigns and events can be held. The positions currently available are:
- Secretary – This role involves supporting the Mature Students’ Officer in the organisation of the committee. The Secretary ensures that committee meetings are organised and run smoothly and also takes minutes
- Campaigns Lead - If you are interested in running awareness campaigns, this role is for you! The Campaigns Lead works closely with the VP Welfare and Community to deliver campus wide campaigns.
- Publicity Lead - Campaigns are most successful when they have great publicity! This role would involve advertising and promoting Mature Students campaigns and raising the profile of the Mature Students Campaigns Group.
- Communications Lead - The Communications Lead is responsible for collaborating with different student networks, such as academic representatives, sports clubs and societies as well as student volunteers to maximise the impact of the campaign.
- Carer's Rep - This role involves raising issues faced by mature students with caring responsibilities within the Mature Students’ Campaign Group.
For any general Campaigns Network enquiries, please contact [email protected]