- 14th June 2018
The University of Lincoln Students’ Union has established a COVID-19 Planning Group to ensure that, as an organisation, we are prepared for all scenarios. We are working hard to ensure that all areas of SU activity, including opportunities, training, student support, welfare and accommodation, are fully prepared.
As a result of this and the nature of travel surrounding the Conference Funding scheme, we are currently suspending the scheme as a cautionary measure.
Please remember that should the UK Government advice change, or the University take steps around campus, we may have to introduce further measures.
Guidance from Public Health England about Coronavirus, self-quarantine and the countries it relates to is liable to change. It is updated every day at 2pm and can be viewed here
We will help fund you to go to an external conference
Always wanted to present your work at a Conference? We can help you! We can provide some financial support for undergraduate and postgraduate students who can apply for funding to attend UK and International conferences as presenters. The grant can be used to cover the costs of the conference registration, standard class travel and accommodation. Applications can be submitted via the online application form and feedback will be given from our exclusive panel of experts.
Benefits to you
- Professional development - you are taken seriously in this important task creating your own material, demonstrating key communication and presentation skills.
- Real-world experience – encouragement to take charge of your own personal and professional development outside of the University.
- Confidence in presenting – feel proud in showcasing your innovative work far and wide; being a real advocate for the University.
- External networking – have the chance to meet national researchers to share your ideas with.
- Progression routes onto further Academic Opportunities – promote yourself to potential employers which can result in further career development.
- Promotion to potential employers – you will have the chance to shout about your work and research, speak to national networks and develop vitality employability skills.
What support is available?
As well as financial support we are encouraging students to take ownership of their own personal and professional development. We are able to supply feedback from our panel in regards to your application regardless of the outcome and assist with booking relevant logistics to get you to your conference should your application be successful.
Before applying, please make sure that you have considered speaking to a member of staff within your school to seek School specific funding, as there may be potential to match-fund your trip!Download Guidance & Criteria
Why not also check out the The Undergraduate Research Opportunities Scheme (UROS)?
Did you know that your participation hours can be logged as volunteer hours and contribute towards The Lincoln Award?
Overall, it was an enjoyable experience. Whilst taking me out of my comfort zone, it was a learning experience which will be useful for my own personal and professional development. It was an experience I would love to repeat in the near future and one I would encourage others to take part in it.
It is an excellent scheme. It is vitally important to support student research. Attendance at conferences is such an enriching experience and many students could not experience this without the support of the SU Conference Funding Scheme