As part of Careers and Employability, the Student Job Shop site is the place to find your next part-time role. The Careers team can help you find a part time job to suit you and fit around your studies.
As well as easing financial hardship, the aim is to ensure you develop and maximise your employability skills to place you in the best possible position to secure your chosen career upon graduation.
The Student Job Shop pages advertise all our current vacancies including part-time, casual, temporary and summer jobs as well as work experience and placement opportunities.
Sign up to receive job alerts as soon as new vacancies arrive in your area of interest. You can do this directly on our vacancy site.
You can also like us on Facebook for up to date information and to receive vacancy details as soon as they arrive.
Campus Jobs is the University of Lincoln’s Student Employment Agency. Through Campus Jobs you can access all employment available on campus, from one off opportunities to regular job roles – more information is available online.
Advice & Support
- Pay & Tax – information on pay scales and tax available online or call into the centre with any questions or queries.
- Pitfalls to Avoid – some common pitfalls to be aware of and to avoid available online.
- Speculative applications – this involves proactively approaching an employer to seek out opportunities that have not been advertised.
- CV Advice – if you are looking for help writing your CV for your part time job, access online support via our website. You can also use the online CV building on the Careers on Blackboard site.
- Making a Job Application – help and advice on writing your application
- Your Covering Letter – don’t forget about this important part of your application. Help available on our website.
- Interviews and assessment centres – you have impressed on paper, now to impress in person. Advice available on interviews and assessment centres.
- International Students – please visit our online pages for advice and support.
Employer and Employability Events
Look out for our annual career fair which takes place in the autumn term, workshops and other events that will give you the opportunity to interact with local employers or find employment. The Careers team can also help you make the most of the skills you develop during your part-time employment. Start your preparation early to get ahead of the competition upon graduation. Check out the Events page for more information.
Careers & Employability Centre
The Careers & Employability Centre is based within the University Library, on the ground floor. We are open from 9am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Please drop-in to the Careers Centre to view vacancies, ask any employment-related questions and for general help with your job hunt. The Careers Centre provides advice relating to all employment issues and information is also available online.
For any further enquiries please contact the team
For information on Graduate Employment or Careers information, advice and guidance please visit Careers and Employability at www.uolcareers.co.uk