The University of Lincoln Students’ Union will be closed over the Christmas and New Year period. You will not be able to access the Advice Centre from Monday 24th December – Friday 4th January, but we will resume normal business from Monday 7th January.
If you are experiencing issues in your personal life that are affecting your ability to work on your academic assignments over the Christmas period, please make sure to contact your course administrator from 3rd January onwards. For further academic advice and support, please contact the SU Advice Centre to book an appointment from Monday 7th January onwards – please see more information about Extenuating Circumstances on Blackboard under the My University tab.
We have put together some information and resources about support available to you over this period. We have also included information about local events for those of you who will be in and around Lincoln.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from your SU Advice Centre team.
Click on each service to find out more about their availability.
If you would like to be involved with volunteering opportunities over the Christmas period please see the following:
- The University of Lincoln will be closed from Monday 24th December and will re-open Thursday 3rd January 2019. Please see below for availability of support services on campus.
- The campus Health Service will be closed on the following days: 25th and 26th December and 1st January, otherwise the opening hours will be as normal.
- Student Wellbeing Centre is closed from 21st December and will re-open on Thursday 3rd January 2019. You can contact the team on [email protected]
- Residential Services will continue to operate a service for post, maintenance and emergencies over the closed Christmas period, based in Courts and Cygnet Wharf. Please contact Security on (01522 88) 6062 for support in university accommodation.
- Click this link for Library opening hours.
- In the event of a medical emergency please call 999 or go to your local hospital’s A&E department.
- For non-emergency NHS support please call 111.
- Steps2change is the NHS talking therapies service for Lincolnshire and can be accessed through a self-referral form available through this link. If you have not previously accessed the service please fill out the form or contact the Lincoln team on 0303 123 4000.
- If you are in need of immediate mental health support or feel at risk please contact 999 or visit your nearest A&E department and let them know how you feel as a matter of urgency.
- The Samaritans offer 24/7 support over the phone, 365 days a year – call on 116 123 (UK) for confidential support if you are in crisis.
- Kooth Student is an organisation that provides free, safe and anonymous online support for students (Mon-Fri, 12-10pm; Sat-Sun, 6-10pm). Create a login and chat to professionally trained counsellors online.
- Big White Wall is a 24/7 supported online community that provides a safe space to disclose your issues and find creative ways to manage your own wellbeing. It is monitored by trained professionals and you can interact anonymously with other online users. Please see our Big White Wall User’s Guide here to find out how you can join the community.
- Contact 999 for emergency police support.
- You can report non-urgent crimes to Lincolnshire Police either online or by calling 101.
- Victim Support can offer support and advice if you have been the victim of a crime. You can contact the Victim Lincs team on 01522 947510 (weekdays, 8am-4pm) or contact out of hours support line on 08 08 16 89 111.
If you have experienced sexual violence please refer to these options:
As our SU Advice Centre foodbank is closed over the Christmas period, if you are unable to feed yourself you will need to visit an off-campus foodbank.
You normally need a voucher from the Citizens Advice Bureau. Please see their website and please make sure you phone ahead to check they are open over Christmas. If Citizens Advice Bureau is not open and you need food, please contact or go to a foodbank and explain your situation.
Opening times and locations: