Our SU Volunteers sit at the heart of the Students' Union. As well as helping out across the whole Union with Freshers Week, campaigns and event, we are looking for some dedicated individuals to work in our Advice Centre.
This volunteer opportunity is perfect for anyone looking to boost their customer service and administrative skills. You will work closely with professional staff, Student Volunteers have the chance to support a service that makes a real impact on students across campus.
What does an SU Volunteer for the Advice Centre do?
· Act as the first point of contact for service users and face-to-face enquiries during drop-in.
· Create a welcoming and professional environment for all service users and represent the values of the Advice Centre, especially professionalism, impartiality and approachability.
· Manage the booking in process for all service users, including explaining the Consent to Store and Share Data Form, opening new cases on our case management system and assigning to an Advisor.
· Ensure accuracy and attention to detail when logging in new cases by adhering to our Policies and procedures, especially in relation to GDPR.
· Allocated project work to support the food bank and other services offered by the Advice Centre
Full training will be provided to all volunteers.
What skills will I learn?
· Excellent customer service
· Basic case management
· Signposting to university and external services and departments
· Team work
· Presentation and professionalism
What skills/ qualities will I need?
· Friendly, positive and calm
· Discreet and sensitive
· Conscientious and organised
· Good time-management
Current student Becky reflects on her time as a Volunteer...
'Working at the Advice Centre was an invaluable experience for me. The staff are lovely and easy to work with, providing help with anything if you need it. I liked that no two shifts were the same which created a flexible and dynamic environment to work in. The skills you learn at the Advice Centre are also transferable to many other areas of work, meaning it looks great on your CV. I would not hesitate to recommend volunteering at the Advice Centre'
To apply for this position, click here and be sure to say you are interested in a position in the Advice Centre specifically.