From Forget Me Rocks and Elf Days to cupcake events and collaboration fundraisers, your Alzheimer's Student-Led Project have worked hard this year to raise an incredible £2,621.36!
And they're not stopping there... Emma, your 2019/20 Alzheimer's SLP Lead has challenged herself to a sponsored South Downs Way walk this summer, which continues to bump up their amazing fundraising total.
We're proud to highlight the work of your Alzheimer's SLP, who over the past year have extended their activities and continually pushed themselves to make the world a better place. Here's just a few things they have been up to:
- Worked closely with local arts groups in theatres to raise awareness of Dementia,
- Visited Dementia Friends trained supermarkets,
- Set up a Dementia Friendly craft group,
- Worked even closer with Alzheimer's Society, visiting groups who have fundraised for UoL Alzheimer's,
- Launched their 'Umbrella Terms' campaign,
- And managed to train an incredible 409 people as Dementia Friends.
"We want to thank everyone who has supported us this year, Grace Corn (2018/19 VP Welfare and Community), the Campaigns Network staff team, the Campaigns Network, the SU, other SLPs and the Liberation Groups especially." - Laura, 2018/19 Alzheimer's Society Co-Lead.
You would think with the end of term arriving, your Campaigns Group would stop there. No. They're still going. Over the summer, they will continue to raise awareness of dementia and get involved in the local community, by searching for more groups to train as Dementia Friends and recruiting new volunteers.
If you would like to get involved in this incredible project, make sure you email them here.