Want to take part?
Log in if you wish to vote and add to the discussion!
I have been researching issues raised by Postgraduate students, and am working with the Vice Chancellor to begin to resolve these
We have now set up a Black History Month Working Group!
I have been promoting elections nominations- we are hoping we will have lots of candidates this year.
We held a Student Leader drop in session, asking students “If you could change one thing about university, what would it be?”. We gathered lots of information from course level issues to issues around the Sports Centre. We will now be taking these to the University!
I have been working on SUggestions – we now have a search bar on the SU website, and straws will no longer be given out in SU venues (if you need one, you can ask!).
I am also working with the University to get on-campus lockers, and looking into the feasibility with the University of getting digital student ID cards with the date on!
The University of Lincoln and The Student’s Union have submitted responses to the consultations held around higher education reforms and the office for students. Alongside this, an additional response to the consultations was submitted on behalf of the students at the university.
I have been working on 2 Suggestion’s:
1. More computers in the AAD building. After speaking with the Director of ICT, the ICT Team will explore the AAD building for potential spaces to place more computers to work on.
2. Install F.lux on the library computers. After speaking to the Director of ICT and the University Librarian this would be explored by the ICT team.
-In the coming month, the SU will release CourseMate! CourseMate is a suggestion platform (just like SUgesstions) specifically for your course!
Discussions have been opened as to what the future of our Virtual Learning Environment may look like. A team of students and university staff members have met to compile a list of features that we feel should be included in the next Virtual Learning environment! Let us know what you think!
I am working on a large campaign which focusing on academic misconduct awareness and wellbeing during exams.
I have been meeting with Officers and their committees as well as student led projects who have some fantastic events and campaigns in the works, including:
1. LGBT Campaigns Group:- A weekend away at Brighton with possible collaboration with Sussex Uni potentially in March
- Working with LEAP to raise awareness of LGBT+ Homelessness with a proposed sleep out.
- HIV testing with information evening bringing in Terrence Higgens Trust and Positive Health Lincs as well as a campaign to rise that this is not an issue solely effecting the LGBT+ Community.
- Rainbow run (Colour Run) to coincide with LGBT+ History Month
2. BAME Campaigns Group: Will be delivering a campaign called ‘Stop and Search Know Your Rights’
3. Womens’ Campaigns Group: Is working on Reclaim the Night
4.Mature Students’ Campaigns Group: Is gathering feedback on mature students’ issues
5.Disabled Students’ Campaigns Group: Is delivering a ‘Hidden Disability’ campaign
6. RAG: Will be delivering a Community Football Match
7. Student Led Projects: We are working towards a Student Led Projects Jamboree
My work in collaboration with the West End Residents Association have secured a recommendation from the City Councils Policy Scrutiny Committee to propose a full ban on letting boards in the west end, Monks Rd and Sincil Bank area.
I have been working on lots of SUggestions, including:
1.Sports Centre Cushions – we have a quote of £4000 for these, and we are working towards getting these funding
2. Rebound Boards- we are looking into a weighted net as an alternative to prevent items passing under the net.
3. Cages around Sports Centre Fire Alarms- these just need to be bought now!
4. 24 hour gym- we are starting to have discussions about how issues in regards to facility access and staff can be overcome.
5. Society Run Events on the SU website – when people submit events applications, activities events will now go onto a bespoke ‘events’ page.
I am working with the Campaigns Network to set up a Rainbow Run in aid of LGB+ History month, which will be coming at the end of February.
I have been working with the Societies Officer to set up the Societies Showcase. This will be coming on the 12th March.
34 sports have got involved in this year’s Varsity video, which is coming out on the 5th February.
I am guiding and informing VPA candidates who are thinking about or intending to go for the position in this year’s elections!
I’ve been introducing the Students’ Union to our new Erasmus students, and pre-English Language course students. Welcome!
I took 36 international students to London for the New Year, and I’ve been busy organising the next trip.
I held an International Refreshers’ party to welcome our International students back for this term.
I’ve been working with the University to plan Global Month – starting on the 23rd February!
We now have 36 International Friends signed up! Some are UK students, so we can integrate cultures even further.