Become a Student Advisor!
Our Student Advisors sit at the heart of the Students' Union's Advice Centre. Working closely with professional staff, Student Advisors have the chance to help with a service that makes a real impact on students across campus.
What does a Student Advisor do?
- During drop in hours greet students, take the details of their query and refer to an advisor
- ‘Buddy’ with students through the Advice Peer Mentoring Scheme
- Provide friendly one-to-one support and a listening ear to students who may be experiencing difficulties
What skills will I learn?
- Listening skills
- Record –Keeping
- Dealing with queries in a drop-in environment
- Experience of signposting to other support agencies both within and outside the University
- Good interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Be solution focused
- Great front facing customer service experience
- Administrative and service knowledge
- Develop skills for a more student focused role
What skills/ qualities will I need?
- Customer Service
- Organisational & basic admin skills
- Supportive and encouraging
This volunteer opportunity is perfect for anyone looking to boost their employability skills, develop customer and admin skills and who desire to work with students or in the mental health sector. You get to work alongside a friendly team and the role is flexible around your university commitments.